Friday, June 23, 2006

It's that time of year again!

Well, not really. But I need something to look forward to and get me through tough days.

In case you didn't know, I've been working 7:30am - 6:00pm for the past seven work days. And three times this week, I've worked out from 5:30am to 6:30am. Did I mention that I haven't lost any weight and, in fact, gained? That's always fun and encouraging.

Anyway, guess what I booked this week? MY TRIP TO HAWAII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trying my damndest to make this an annual tradition.

One of my closest friends is getting married in October and I'm in the wedding. I finally took the time to book our tickets to Hawaii. I'll be there for seven days and The Man will be there for four. It's his first time visiting Oahu (he's been to The Big Island and Maui) and I want to take him to all the places that I've been able to see - the Polynesian Culture Center, the Ihilani Resort, Diamond Head, and of course, Waikiki beach but that's a given because we're staying there. Any other suggestions?

I am so excited. I don't know how I'm going to afford it. I took a fat pay cut with the plan that I will earn it back two fold in a year or so. *Rocking back and forth, sucking my thumb.* I really really really hope that will be the case! Anyhow ...

Bought the tickets, reserved a room at a three-star hotel and Mama Lu is on her way!

Almost makes up for the five pounds I've made friends with and now won't go away.

11 comments:

demondoll said...

Hahaha "won't go away" I have some friends I'd like to find them another home... oofta

Veronica said...

yeah..I gained 15...since baby. Eat your heart our girls. I win. :)

ElleDee said...

No one commented on the three star hotel. You know it's out of five, right? hahaha ... It ain't the Ritz but it's not the po'dunk place I stayed in the last time I was in Oahu :)

demondoll said...

MsLips has a good point- you are one strong babe! You're so slim, so it probably is muscle.

Anonymous said...

Umm better 5 friends than like the 40 i picked up in college. now I win! hah a speaking of which its time to ditch those...especially since my college days are over. Ick. So sad. I just love food too much. especially since mom, auntie, dad nor i can cook. Our efforts are futile. whoops. but you looked fabulous in the peektures you sent! your sissy's right, its probably muscle! :) We Aduviso's are STRONNNGG! but...not in a scary kind of way. But I'll be damned if anyone tries to mess with us! You're so disciplined to work out in the AM! i would LOVE to work out in the AM but considering im an insomniac and i fell asleep at 630 am when the sun was rising (depressing I know) I'm afraid any sort of work out regimen will have to be nightly. Anywayyy back to "studying" i go! 2 more days and this test'll be over! then im getting BLITZED off pitchers of strawberry margaritas... which is just all too convenient since mom and dad are gone for the weekend at a wedding LOVE YA! how's that for a post?? :)

ElleDee said...

ML: 6:30pm or 7:00pm works well for us. Hee hee ... thanks! I didn't think I was that strong but shoot! That's cool.

DD: I hope it's muscle! Thank you for the good spin on the weight gain ;) I just wish my clothes fit better cuz then I'd BELIEVE it. I give the middle finger to my five lbs! And the other five that thinks I don't notice but I do.

Tex: We are a force to be reckoned with, aren't we? And don't you worry about being disciplined. The ONLY reason I'm working out is b/c I'm truly scared the ten lbs I've packed on total are going to start inviting friends and relatives to my gut. Again, I give them the finger.

Unknown said...

SO JEALOUS! But of course I can wait to go until next year. :)

Couch potato said...

so jealous I haven't even been on a plane before I would love to go to Hawaii. And I saw you this weekend and I thought you looked good ;)

demondoll said...

See? My sis beeyooteeful!

ElleDee said...

Tater & Sister: You both are too kind. Thank you!

Lips: Kincaid's, it is!

VS said...

Your sched is craaazy, girl! You need to spa yourself good!! Oh, and BTW, I should be so lucky to have only five extra pound-friends...I'm going to have to charter a bus for this crowd.