Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Life change

The Man is going to move out of his place because his roommate's fiancee wife is moving in. So The Man will be moving in with me at the end of August this month.

"SAY WHAT?"

Oh no, don't get me wrong, it's good news. I love The Man. I'm open to sharing my personal space with him. We just didn't expect it to be so soon.

He's concerned about my parents - he doesn't want to piss them off. I told him that I would be ticked off if he rented an apartment, kicking down $1,000, just because of that. It's sweet, actually. He respects my parents and wants them to see him in the best possible light. They are reserved, with very old-fashioned values, and don't want their baby living in sin. After all, I am a virgin (shut up, I hear you laughing.)

Then something popped into my head and I started to worry. Since I tell him darn near everything, I knew I could be honest with him. I told him to please not pop the big question before he moves in.

"WHAT THE F- DID SHE JUST WRITE?"

Before you think Lulu done lost her mind, hear me out. I didn't want a proposal just to prevent my parents from being upset. I want to be asked because of love, not fear. If he asked me before he moved in, all I would think is that it's only because of my parents and my reaction to a question like that would probably not be the ideal.

So that's that.

The Man is moving in. Heaven help us, between my bathroom phobia, his muddy work boots and my hatred for the snooze button, we are in for quite an adventure. But I'm looking forward to it.

You best believe that I'm keeping my three (two clothing and one shoe) closets, though.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

YEAH!!!

This will be fun!! The hubby and I did this too. I was deathly scared of my parents at the time (One time my mom came over unannounced and hubby had to hide)...cause well, the parents are SUPER strict. I was a virgin when I met the hubby (no really...it's true) So, my parents feared the whole "wham bam thank you mam."

The living together thing helped me get to know what I was getting myself into. hehehe (that should be REAL fun.) I will tell you this, the first year of shacking up is difficult. For me at least.

I think we all know G-unit loves you SO much...and if he pops the question it is NOT out of fear but TRUE LOVE. :)

Congrats!!

demondoll said...

OMG! Gimme a minute.... can't catch my breath... VIRGIN!

demondoll said...

Sorry about that. Of course you are like the driven snow. After all, M&D know I was untouched before during and after my first marriage!*snort*

I think it is wonderful that he is moving in. You are so great together, and I know M&D will be ok. Especially since he is sleeping in the spare room*wink*

Seriously, if he asks TOMORROW, I don't think he'd ask out of fear. It's because he loves you. How could he not? Lulu is the light of our day!xoxoxo

Muddy shoes and clothes belong in the garage. That's what that iron sink is for- rinsy-rinsy!

Unknown said...

Girl! Seriously! You worry about the weirdest things! :) Now what if he was a'plannin' on asking you soon and you went and just took a big dump on his parade?! (hehe)

Let it be girl. It will happen at the right time!

(Holy shit, my word verification is death!)

ElleDee said...

Pooks - I remember that story! :) BTW, I think we'll see you Sunday morning.
Sister - Yes, I remember when you became a born-again virgin! OF COURSE he will be in the spare bedroom. Where else is his stuff going to go? Certainly not my closets! ;)
Tel - Not to worry! I seriously doubt I shat all over his parade. I'm sure it will happen, but I don't want to it to happen too SOON.

Couch potato said...

That sounds like fun. I know everything will be perfect and it will be magical, like Cinderella and Prince Charming....Right. No, really I think it will be fun goodluck.