Monday, August 14, 2006

Happiest place on earth?

+ =
Traffic + Huge Disneyland Crowd = A Peeved Lulu*


OK, so I went to Disneyland this weekend. I've already chatted with my local Disneyland expert, Tater Pie, and she is aware that if I am to go back to Disneyland, I'm going to need the following -

1. A driver. Or a plane ticket. It was an eight hour road trip. Eight hours. (We made a pitstop in Fresno.) Sure, I wasn't driving. But I was trying to keep the Man company because he was so sleepy from a hard week's work and he already drives 2+ hours on his daily commute. We didn't get to our hotel until 2:00am. I woke up at 6:00am. Maybe I need to take a day off so it's a three-day weekend but I don't have the time off so I have to squish it in 2 1/2 days.

2. Less people. I knew I didn't deal well with crowds. This just confirmed my suspicion. It is very very crowded in Mickey's hood and that just isn't my scene. That's why I don't shop during the Christmas rush. Tater assured me that it will be less buck wild in November. I couldn't move freely, there were people everywhere. And, of course, that meant a variety of people with a variety of thoughts regarding personal space. Some need very little. I am not one of those people.

3. Strollers. I'm not hating on families or little folk. But I hate - let me emphasize HATE - the people who charge at me with their strollers, nip my heels with their strollers, or basically use it as a defensive device. I don't want to play football, I just want to walk peacefully, man.

P'tater assured me that my next trip will be a lot of fun. I hope so. Or I might have to push some people down in the happiest place on earth. Just kidding. Maybe. I'm looking forward to going in November. I think it will be really cool to go right before the holiday season. Does anyone know when Disneyland puts up their Christmas decorations?


*Isn't that the cutest angry pup you've ever seen?!

9 comments:

demondoll said...

Disney puts up decorations sometime before Thanksgiving. Halloween is a big push(it's very fun), then they change out for Christmas.
November is a MUCH better time to go than August. All of France is on holiday in August, and I hear Disneland Paris just ain't the same. If you can go during the week, it's even better. We went on the most popular rides 2-3 times, just running off the ride and back thru...
Strollers- a swift kick/elbow to offending parent then apologize"Oooh, I'm sorry! I just stumbled there. Is PunkinHead all right?" Or- fall down immediately "Gah! My leg! It was that one, the evil plaid Graco!"Or carry a big walking stick. Flail wildly.

ElleDee said...

Thank you Sister! I know you don't want to labeled as a Disney Expert but you are so knowledgeable! I love Christmas decorations and I was scared they wouldn't be up by November 4th.
I was thinking of tripping the stroller pushers ... great minds, Sister, great minds.

Anonymous said...

wow. i feel like i could have written that entry. amen, cousin. i don't do that shit either. no crowds. no traveling by car. and no strollers.

haha on a more positive note, i had an interview today downtown and it went surprisingly well, very laidback so it was nice. plus i look really cute in a business suit. they were "really impressed" must be that charming personality and cheerful disposition. haha jk we'll see how it goes.... im still not ready to work but it's time to stop bumming around the house! its 3:00 AM and i just got home from the bars not too long ago.. my tummy hurts from the beer. i am way too old for this. night night. hope everything is going well with you. btw kuya oliver and ate maricel are having a boy! feb 4 due date... haha remind me to tell you the name later. it's...different. haha

Kim said...

I went on Nov. 6 one year and the Christmas decorations were up already. Definitely less people. We want to go for Halloween this year, but we'll have to see how the $ pans out!

demondoll said...

Halloween at Disneyland is mighty fun!

T, you are not too old for the scene! And good luck w/ the interviews!!!

Um, I want to know name... ;)

ElleDee said...

Ahh, coming home from a bar at 3:00am. Good times, Cuz. Part of me misses those days so I shall live vicariously through you.
Yes, good luck on your interviews! And I am also curious about the name. It sounds like it's going to be a doozie ;)
Kim - So far, from people I've asked, it's been split. I hope you and my sister are right!

Couch potato said...

OH no It is over before then I just found out 50th is over at the end of Sept. So when we go it won't be going on but a new thing will start a million smiles or something like that I will keep you updated.

I wanted to make sure can you take Friday off my BF said we could go to medieval times if you can if you can't its not a biggie.

ElleDee said...

Tater: Can't take time off :( JonJon and I don't have the time to take off. We're going to a wedding the month before and I'm taking six work days off already.
MsLips: Chica, I was in So. CA for two days and it was NOT relaxing. I wish I could have seen you.And now that I know, I will be there on Nov 4th. Wanna meet me at the park??

Couch potato said...

okay I thought that was the case but he wanted to make sure because he thought you would have a great time at dinner.