Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I know, I've been a very bad girl

I hate it when y'all don't blog. It ticks me off because I'm reading the same stuff. I wonder, "What's going on? No one is too busy to blog! I mean, just a few lines, for crap's sake! Give me something to read! Criminy."
Now I done did it to you!
Well, I'm tired.
It's the week of my 7:30am - 6:00pm shift and I'm pooped.
This past weekend, I attended a bridal shower retreat. My friend is pretty awesome. (She's the one who picked a dress that was under a $100 and a something I can wear again.) Maria decided she didn't want a conventional bridal shower or an expensive spa treat [sidenote: I am A-OK with a spa retreat, believe you me. But since this wedding is in Hawaii, I appreciate not having to spend money.] We went to her mom's cabin in Sonora, drank, swam in a swimming hole (my first time!), drank, swam in a lake, drank, sat in the hot tub, went fishing, drank, and ate a lot of food. And drank.
OK, I actually didn't get drunk. I just sipped a little bit all weekend to sustain a nice buzz. With the heat and the hot tub, it was pretty easy to do. Because now that I'm in my late 20s, it is unacceptable to yak. It's just bad form. I mean, we all need to learn from our early 20s, right?
Now I'm tired and this work week is lasting F-O-R-E-V-E-R. And it's only Tuesday. Hot damn.

12 comments:

Kim said...

It's unacceptable to yak in your late 20s? Crap, wish someone had told me that before New Year's.

ElleDee said...

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk ...
(If it makes you feel any better, I yakked BAD when I was either 25 or 26. I mean yak-so-bad-I-hit-the-wall-and-then-the-new-matress bad. I've never had heaving that strong and quick. I still shudder at the thought.)

Kim said...

Oh, I can top that. I pretty much soiled our new car on New Year's. And a friend's. Although I only partially accept fault for drinking Smirnoff Ice, then a shot of Southern Comfort, then shotgunning a beer (that's where I feel things went wrong...damn peer pressure), then champagne. Hee hee...I suddenly remember the party where you and Lips were rolling around on the back porch. "I thought it was a vanilla cigarette!" HA!

Kim said...

Lips, thank you for defending my New Year's debauchery. ;0) BTW, I posted our TI address in the other blog topic.

demondoll said...

So, should I show this post to WGD, who disgraced his own bad self just this last Memorial Day Weekend? ;)
What a nice bridal retreat- I'm glad you had a nice time!

VS said...

You are totally forgiven for not posting. I know how it feels...you sit down to write and nothing comes but the sound of wind whistling. But as you've discovered, drinking helps :)

ElleDee said...

Kim & Lips: Oh me, oh my ... good ol' TI. We had a couple of bomb ass parties. Legendary, I dare say. Lips, did I ever tell you that Alex almost kissed me at the Halloween party? And that's also where I met that Financial Analyst dude that I didn't recognize sober? Lawdee, alcohol is dangerous.
Sister: Poor brother-in-law. We're entitled to slip up every so often. No more than once a year, though. Cuz then one could be called a little girl.
VS: You don't know how many times I've been thankful that alcohol is legal.

Kim said...

Ah yes, party rule No. 1: Don't let podiatry students play with the camera.

demondoll said...

Piggy- whence, pray tell, comes this whistling wind? ;)

Veronica said...

where are you?

Ddoll-huh?

Couch potato said...

It happens to the best of us :)

ElleDee said...

Pooks, are you asking where I am? Or D-Doll? I'm here. I promise to post tonight.
D-Doll calls VS (one of her best friends) by the affectionate nickname, "Piggy." I can understand the confusion, though.
Tater, alcohol is a beautiful thing. But it can also be one fickle whore.