Thursday, April 09, 2009

7 1/2 - 8 weeks. We're kind of unclear on the situation.

Written 3/4/09 at 8:42pm.

I had my first doctor's appointment this week. It was on an early Monday afternoon so The Man wasn't able to join me.
I was a little nervous. Without being going into detail (because why be morbid?) I was trying not to think of all the things that could be wrong and just hope for the best.
Umm, no one told me about the ultrasound where the doc sticks an apparatus up the hoo-hah. Thanks for the heads up, you mamas.
I saw Sticky Bun's heart beat. Well, more like very quick fluttering. Like hummingbird wings. There on the screen was this bean looking thing with a tiny part that fluttered.
Goodness me, there it is - the heart beat.
I'm supposed to be eight weeks along but my doctor said that Sticky Bun was on the small side so maybe SB was 7 1/2 weeks old. But the doc kept my due date at October 16th. Well, -ish. Some time that week.
I'm always eating. I need to stop. There's no reason I should be gaining weight so early on in the pregnancy! But I've been blessed with sustaining the appetite I usually have right before my period. But IT NEVER ENDS. The crazy appetite of wanting to inhale everything usually went away after my period. But, ah-hmm, no period.
I'm also very, very tired. That's why I mentioned caffeine in a previous blog entry. In addition to have this life grow inside of me, I'm also supposed to swear off of caffeine. Now I am a walking zombie. I swear it feels like I'm wide awake for about two hours of the day and the rest of the time I'm just fighting of sleep. I hope this goes away soon.
Another crazy thing is my eczema has just BLOWN up. It's never been this bad. It's on my ankle, thigh, back, neck, hands, arms, scalp - everywhere. This is probably the most annoying. I itch all the GD time. I am so thankful I am seeing a dermatologist tomorrow. I booked the appointment two weeks ago and tomorrow was the soonest I could see that doc! Every day, all day, I am itchy. My gosh I hope they can treat me.
The last big change is the sickness. I get nauseous first thing in the morning and then again around 8pm until I fall asleep. Too bad it doesn't control my eating issues!
But with all those changes, I'm really excited to be pregnant. It really is possible to love a baby before it's even a full fledged baby. And what I want most, even more than to be slim or sexy, is to have a very healthy and happy baby join our family in seven months. Which is probably very good because I do not see "slim" or "sexy" in the cards.

2 comments:

demondoll said...

I remember nothing about ultrahooha. I do remember sleeping like stone had hit my head!



that's funny you should mention slim and sexy. I felt it necessary to apologize to WGD- sorry you got the chubby sister!

He says he doesn't mind :-)

Veronica Milan said...

Oh, hehehe yeah, there will be plenty more where that came from. Stuff in the hooja & stretched out places. :) I think ignorance is bliss in this department.

Just know this: You forget every OUNCE of pain the second you see your sticky bun!