Thursday, April 09, 2009

Why the house doesn't matter so much ..

Written 2/12/09 at 7:52pm.

When I wrote that I was able to gain some perspective during the two weeks we had to wait on our "dream home", I really meant that I found out I was knocked up. That will give you some perspective!
But in all seriousness, it totally did. My focus of worry (I guess I'm one of those people that always need to fret about something!) was now on Sticky Bun. In the grand scheme of things, who gave a flip about a house?! We're having ourselves a baby!!!!! There aren't enough exclamation points to illustrate how I feel.
It's so funny. Last week, I was sleepless over the house. I wanted it so bad that I was getting up at 1am because I was tossing and turning too much. That house just felt like it was OURS. And while I still do wish we could have gotten it, I'm not pining away for it like a star-crossed lover ;) No, I'm reading Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy (The Man looked on Amazon and he said that the other popular book had reviews that said it told you about every possible thing that could go wrong - perfect to fuel my paranoia.) Sticky Bun is smaller than the end of this period. What a trip.

1 comment:

demondoll said...

Such exciting news! I'm staring at a pencil eraser.... teensy