Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Man's keeping me up.

When I left work, my hair was probably 1/2 a foot big - it was one of those days. I went through most of the work day OK and then it ended with a guy trying to blame me for his lack of progress aka his procrastination. That's always fun.

So I go home and The Man decides to come over. There's no special occasion, he's just visiting me. He has no idea that I'm in a little funk (which is probably good because he may have flipped a U and gone home.) He brought with him (1) a windshield shade because I've been wanting one like his but keep forgetting to buy one (2) a Green Day CD he burned because I wanted to hear GD circa 1994, and (3) a novel, The Known World, which he chose b/c he saw it was featured on Oprah's Book Club so it must be good. No reason for these little gifts, they were "just because."

I wrote it before and I'll write it again. It's the little things that count. My hair is calm, no Asian afro in sight. Now you get why I was so excited to get him a paintball gun. The Man DESERVES it. And anything else that makes his heart warm and fuzzy :)

3 comments:

demondoll said...

Oh, Sister. And I was asking you to help me AGAIN...so sorry...
The Man scores big points for being swell! And for keeping your hair from getting all poufy... =D

Veronica said...

Way to go "The Man" make my hubby and I proud. Yup my hubby always said he was an awesome guy! YEAH * 3 cheers*

ElleDee said...

Mislips, I did not want to offend those with true, beautiful afros (some are actually quite delightful.) I have straight hair so when big, it could only be called (a)an asian afro or (b) one big cowlick.