Monday, September 12, 2005

Mondays can just SUCK IT.

Wow, I can hardly believe that came from me. But it did and it's true. And yes, I did the wrestling move that goes along with it. And you know what's terrible? It doesn't necessarily have to be a Monday. Last week, because of Labor Day, Tuesday was my Monday ( which inspired my "Pie Hole" entry.) And it stunk to high heaven. As did my Monday this week.

It doesn't matter how organized I am, how much I try to prepare (I'm
talking months in advance,) it can all go up in smoke if people cancel or flake. Arghhhh!!!! I'm on the verge of pulling out chunks of hair!* I just keep telling myself how much I normally LOVE my job. But let me tell you, after events that I set up way in advance were cancelled, I was ready to stick a foot in someone's ....

My Monday oasis: Morning coffee with Dad. I adore my family, no matter how crazy we get. On Mondays, I try my best to see my Dad and have coffee before work. We chat for a 1/2 hour or so and then I go to work and he goes on his daily walk. When I was in school, I swear I was prepping for retirement. On my days off, Dad and I would go for a midmorning walk, have coffee, then walk home. We would eat lunch then go to our rooms for siesta. In the afternoon, we would putter around the house or garden, watch TV, eat dinner, watch TV, go to sleep. Now I live on my own and work 40+ hours so those days are gone.


These coffee dates aren't nearly as good as our walks but they're something. I love my Dad, my parents are so cute and little! Yes, I am a "Daddy's Girl" and that's that.

(Oh, and hallelujah for the caffeine. It probably prevented me from taking my black pump and "...shining it up real nice, turning it side ways, and sticking it straight up your candy @ss!"**)


*Sister says my hair actually gets bigger when I'm angry. With days like this, expect a two foot afro next month.
**I did society a favor when I stopped watching WWF back in 2000.

4 comments:

ElleDee said...

The Man says I look like Simba in the morning. Have you been talking to him??

Unknown said...

mondays aren't so bad... it's wednesday that kills me.... blah....

demondoll said...

Your hair does get big, but I'm just jealous- cuz my hair is flat and small in comparison. Except the nape, which is kinky...sigh...

Veronica said...

The hubby calls my morning hair "Lion King" hair. I tell you, what are we going to do with our boys?