Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Shut your pie hole

Ever have someone in your life that you could really do without but they are just THERE? For whatever reason ... a friend of your significant other, a coworker, an in-law ... you can't help it, they are and will always be a permanent fixture in your life.

Well, I have one. He doesn't know what's going in my life but he always adds his two cents. Sometimes it feels like 50 cents. Bugger thinks he knows what I'm all about and knows better than I do. He gives me unsolicited advice (I'm not dumb enough to ask for it) and thinks he knows everything about what's what. I've tried to tell Bugger that I don't care for his suggestions, thoughts or opinions but he just gives and gives. And gives. He tries to correct me in front of people and, more times than not, ends up moded. That's right, MODED :p

And because Bugger is a permanent fixture in my life, I have to make sure that feathers aren't too ruffled and no bridges are burned because my life would then become a freakin' nightmare.

If only Bugger would read this and truly understand me when I write, "For the love of Pete, I wish you would just shut your pie hole."

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Yup...I have 4 sisters and a brother...(not to mention way too many in-laws)I know what ya mean! Hang in there!

Auntie Sassy said...

Count your blessings baby girl. At least he isn't the mother of your husband's son. Because there is just no good ending to that kind of story.