Sunday, December 18, 2005

Funny moment #3

The Man, my parents and I went to my niece's christening party today. We were sitting together, eating a fruit parfait my cousin made for the occasion. My mom remembered that she made a dessert for an event they attended last night. AL, as innocent as could be, exclaimed to The Man, "You weren't there last night!" Then she turned to me and said, "He didn't taste my cherry."

I paused for a moment, letting that comment sink in. The Man noticed I was unsuccessfully trying not to laugh, got it a split second later and started to laugh himself. He looked out the window, trying not to look at me and crack up. My mom smiled sweetly but looked puzzled, "Why are you laughing?" I responded, "You mean your Cherry cobbler?" "No," she said, "my Cherry tart." "Right," I replied.

Dammit.

3 comments:

demondoll said...

*snort*laughing.too.hard.crying. Wait- can't.see.screen.*snort*

Remember when she said,"Are you coming to dinner? We have crabs."
"Mebbe you do Mom. Me- clean as a whistle."
"Hmm?"
Oh, Mama...
hahahaha!

ElleDee said...

I know! I (we) have super cute parents who have a great sense of humor. As long as we laugh with them and not at them ;)

Sister, you would have totally snorted in front of mom!

Veronica said...

AHAHA!!!