Sunday, December 11, 2005

One day I'm six years old and learning how to ride a bike ...

and next thing I know, I'm an adult and 27 years old!

Thanks to my sister girls who gave me shout outs on their blogs:
Demondoll, my lovely sister who is a kick a$$ Diva In the Boonies and my best girlfriend. And Pookiepie76, my newly adopted sistah (in every sense of that slang word;) who is The Man's best friend's wifey and becoming a great friend of mine.

I have the BEST family and friends. I told you y'all are "oh-so fabulous" ;) I woke up with a text message birthday greeting and have since been called or texted throughout the day. I've also received cards or at least heard that I should have received them (You're so good at mailing cards, MsLips
, that I know it has to be the US Postal Service ... uh-oh, hope that doesn't put me on a black list.) I feel LOVED!!! Thank you with all my heart. A gal can never get enough lovin' from her peeps.

I've been having a great low key birthday. The Man and I have been going about town. We ate a filipino breakfast (bangsilog ... yum yum! And yes, stank breath is an unfortunate side effect. Oh well.) visited my brother, and bought some X-mas gifts. When we got home, this was waiting for me -

(Well, it looks almost just like this. My camera isn't working right now.)
My parents came by and dropped this off while I was gone! It was such a pleasant surprise. Now I've got to get ready for a birthday dinner (mine and my dad's) at Jack London Square. Happy, happy gal :)

Needless to say, between my family, friends and The Man, I am one blessed 27 year old. Love is all over the place ... thank you.

*Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes, Karaway! Glad to see you back and badder than ever ;)

4 comments:

demondoll said...

I'm so glad your birthday was nice! Picture my chagrin that your prezzie is late. Errrrrrg.... So sorry! xoxoxo

ElleDee said...

People, do you think I'm ALREADY on the postal service black list??? Why else would I not receive my cards from Pookie, MsLips and my package from DDoll?? What the heck did I do?!

Veronica said...

sorry girrl...Love ya! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm the worst friend in the world! I suck at remembering birthdays! And yours is easy to remember because it's in December! Dang!