Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Lulu's first hat

Hope y'all had a great Christmas! Mine was pretty swell. I hung out with Sister, WGD, The Boy and my parents. We went to a very fun Christmas Eve party at our Aunt & Uncle's, complete with carolers! Granted, a few of them had thick Filipino accents - OK, just the loud one - but it added charm to the festivities. (Sit back and just imagine: "We wish you a Merrrrry Chrishmash, we wish you a Merrrrry Chrishmash, we wish you a Merrrry Chrishmash... and a Haffy New Yearrrrr!" Or, "Pah-leez Nabeedahd, Pah-leez Nabeedahd, Pah-leez Nabeedahd, FrosFero año y Peeleeceedud.") But seriously, I loved them, it was spectacular caroling, and I never felt more in the holiday spirit. And ethnic. In a good way.

We saw my brother on Christmas day and had a nice and intimate family day. The day after we took the dreaded family picture (I won't even go into it. Except to say what my sister said, "We asked for a photographer who knew how to deal with special needs people and it looks like they gave us a photographer with special needs." She was a dumb a$s. Teaches me to go within ten feet of Southland Mall.) But over all, it was a lovely Christmas.

And guess what?? I learned how to knit a beenie! D-Doll was my spotter for my first attempt, cheering me on (and sometimes, troubleshooting my "how did she do that?" mistakes.) Now I can knit hats! You may not find it a big deal but I've been knitting rectangles for damn near a year. I'm pretty sure that I'll be content knitting hats and scarves for another year. I'm much less ambitious than my kick-a$s-sweater-knitting sister. (I think she will blog about it soon.)

Sooo, *drum roll please* here is Lulu's first hat! Ahh-sukie-sukie now.










(Yes, I'm aware it looks like it's from Fat Albert.)

8 comments:

Veronica said...

hehe...Fat Albert...I love that name...hmmm...Albert.

I would love, love, love it if you could PLEASE teach me how to knit...
A scarf, a square (potholder), a straight row...anything. hehe

Oh...been meaning to ask...did "we" by chance get a big fat diamond for "x-mas"? hehe

ElleDee said...

Karaway - Thanks, baby!

Pookie- Hee hee ... a big fat NOTHING! Nah, just kidding. The Man generously offered to replace my cracked windshield (damn bigrigs) as my Christmas present.

OF COURSE I'll teach you how to knit! If we're still going to Yosemite with you, we can have a little workshop there. We just have to get you yarn, needles and the book, "Stitch & Bitch" before then.

However, we cannot drink during this workshop. Drunk knitting is almost as bad as drunk calling.

demondoll said...

I loved those carolers. Loved them! Did NOT love photog.
Isn't that FA hat the cutest? You should see it uncuffed. I myself am taking apart my ginormous hat made with wrong size needles- Dad says it makes one look like a turtle...

Unknown said...

All you knitters are so talented! I'm jealous!

demondoll said...

BTW- AL loves the scarf you knitted for her. Mom trotted it dowstairs and asked which outfit could she accessorize with said giftie. Score!

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Yeah, demm Chrishmash carolers were berrry punny! :-)

ElleDee said...

I feel so supported in my hat knitting efforts. Thanks!

Nothing is wrong with "hella" (says the Californian.) However, it is ALL wrong when you're trying to pick up somebody. Word, Karaway, word.

BP: Tanksh!

demondoll said...

Haffy New Yearshhh!