Friday, May 18, 2007

The house of special dogs and my shows


Poor things, they are one step away from a soft helmet. The reason why Pili has to wear the horrible collar, too, is so she doesn't lick Piko's scar. And, like a good mom, I dope up Piko AND Pili so she doesn't play too rough. Controversial, but you're not the one who woke up at 1:00 am this morning to growling and whimpering. Plus, it's only a teeny tiny sedative!
I have way too much buy in with American Idol. I was devestated when Melinda was sent home. Then, the next day, three different radio stations played the audio of when she got the boot and I got all riled up again. I've got to learn to distance myself. I have adored her since the beginning. Here's a girl who has simple looks, modest, and very talented. I would go to the AI concert but I think I would throw things at Hotpants Haley.
The Office makes me laugh and my heart hurt. All the characters are great (Jon thinks Dwight is awesome and, after he pepper sprayed Roy and then revealed his nunchucks and ninja stars, I think he loves Dwight now.) Michael reminds me of a boss I used to have so every time he does something uncomfortable, I have to hide behind Jon because it's too painful to watch! But the love story between Jim and Pam! I didn't realize that they've been stretching it out for three years now. But it's so sweet. And I remember having crushes way back when and it being that awkward and frustrating. But at least they make it funny. I absolutely love this show.
Grey's Anatomy is making a comeback! Burke ended up being the runaway bride - I did NOT see that coming! I'm still turned off by the whole Izzy/George crap storyline and Meredith and Derrick will be forever tortured but hallelujah for the show getting back on track!
Thursdays are fantastic TV nights. Jon teases me all the time and asks me if I'm ready to "Feel Thursdays" (what a dumb tag line.) But he makes us watch 24 and The Unit so I need some chick shows. It may seem like we watch a lot of TV. We kind of do. Well, during the work week and then make up for it on the weekends. Because the dogs would turn on us if we didn't.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I *heart* Blake!

demondoll said...

Oh, those poor puppies! Like miniature royalty with the stiff Elizabethan collars.
I have missed all my fave shows this week- and Doolittle was robbed!!!
I still detest Grey's. Not even for Burke am I yet coming back.