Thursday, May 31, 2007

Jon's hand - may not be suitable for kids. I'm just guessing.

Since he broke it AGAIN, I'm a little less grossed out by it so I figured I'd share some pictures. He was told to make an OK sign with his hand in the first X-ray. The various X-rays show different angles of his hand, the two metal plates (one broken) and the screws that are holding them in place. His doctor doesn't know how he did it but if you look closely, the plate snapped in half. It's a METAL plate, for crap's sake! So, although I think my boyfriend is awfully strong and manly, I think it was a faulty plate.

I know that this is a minor surgery in comparison to what other people go through but doesn't that seem like a lot of screws??

See that sharp part of the plate jutting out? We think that's why the swelling didn't go down. Ick.

Anyhow, Jon's hand is still wrapped so I don't have the latest picture but I'm pretty sure it looks quite similar to this picture. This is a picture of what his hand looked like the first time he broke it.

I wouldn't let him near me because it gave me the heebeegeebies. He looked like Frankenstein. It was also very puffy. In fact, when the staples were taken out, his hand kind of looked like a baseball- round with stitch marks.

I feel bad for him. This sucks. He's not allowed to use it for three months and the Vicodin makes him dizzy. But, thankfully, he is able to still work.

I can't help notice, though, the joy he tries to surpress when he tells me he cannot take out the trash, help clean the kitchen or mop the floors - all of his chores. That is when I really hate that his hand is broken. Again. And out of commission for another three months.

But hey, this is about him! And how this sucks for him! And how I need to be supportive because it's no picnic in the park for him! Of course, it's no picnic for me, either. A lot more like sand in the panties - pretty annoying and incredibly uncomfortable. Oh, well. That's what love is all about. Not the sand piece but the supportive part.

4 comments:

Kim said...

OK, how did it get broken a second time?!

demondoll said...

Ewwww.
Poor guy.
But still, he doesn't have to do any chores? What about the other hand? JK! ;)

Again, ewww.

demondoll said...

BTW- your new tamplate is BEEYOOOTEEFUUUUL!
So pretty and crisp, and I love it!

ElleDee said...

Oh, he doesn't know how he broke it. The doctor gave Jon the broken plate and screws. The plate had to be faulty - it's pretty thick!
But who knows how the hell he broke metal and his bone!!!
By the way folks, he just burned two of his fingers on his good hand (his thumb and forefinger) when he was helping me clean. Sad, huh?
But he was helping me CLEAN! Whoohooo :D