Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Not too bad!

Sooooo, I had the option to share a room OR have my own but I would have to pay the difference. Maybe it's the poor in me but I didn't want to pay out of my pocket for accomodations to attend a work function.

My colleague/ roommate and I were pleasantly surprised with this room:

We could do cartwheels in our room, it's so big! We also have our own bathrooms. OUR OWN BATHROOMS! We also have a receiving area and fluffy bathrobes.

I'm so happy with our accomodations. It is suh-weeet. And confirms my belief that it's OK to think poor. In fact, it pays off!

What is also a bonus is that it's not as hot in LA as I thought it would be. We are stuck in a conference room most of the time but my company encourages healthy living therefore "healthy activities" so we had Walk and Talk discussions and they encouraged us to walk around the block a couple of times and discuss what we just learned. It was nice to be able to enjoy a little bit of sun.

What's odd is that the part of LA we are in (and don't even ask me what part because I don't know, I just know we are staying at the Wilshire Grand) seems to close at 7:00 pm. For real. We went to Macy's and Express tonight at 7:20 pm and they were both closed. What the heck?!

Oh, and my WW sistas, I'm doing BADLY. I've had pasta, souffle and all sorts of unhealthy stuff :( I've got to get back on the wagon!!

5 comments:

demondoll said...

Downtown closes early still- it USED to be horrid rough. It's much better now, but the night life (or even evening stuff) is more north in Hollywood, or west...
You could check out Chinatown or Olvera for stuff... sometimes there are fun things happening there.

Veronica said...

no worries you will get back on soon...i know it! strat making healthier choices girlie!!

ElleDee said...

Tel & Pooks -You know, over all they do give healthier choices. But stuff still creeps in like regular popcorn, pasta (!!) and desserts :( Thanks for cheering me on to get back in the groove!
Sister - I leave today or else I would follow your recommendations. I hear it is still rough just a couple blocks down. But I stay in my little slice of heaven ;)

demondoll said...

Sister, I know you'll get there, making healthy choices! I hate doing it, but sometimes if i can't resist a dessert (tiramisu), I allow myself one teensy piece, and then I make it l.a.s.t. by eating it super slow. and lots of coffee next to it . black, like what my hair used to be.

C said...

okay i'm back on sorry i didnt get to see you again! *sigh* man was the air really bad because of the fires? talk to you soon