Saturday, September 15, 2007

One-two combo

Needless to say, but I'm going to say it anyway, I got hit by the Crappy Week truck.
I worked 15 hours last Thursday. I woke up Friday morning with a crummy attitude.
Amazing how a "sentimental" mood can turn into "pissy" on a dime.
No, pissy isn't the right word. More like crummy.
I just wanted to hide from the world rather than go-get or charge it like I normally do.
Since it's my recruitment season, I still had to visit clients. Probably not the best time to visit clients. Or try to recruit them. (Although being in a pissy or bitchy mood would have been worse. But crummy isn't much better.)
I ended my day around 5:30pm. I poured a glass of wine, popped Stranger than Fiction into my DVD player and crawled into bed. I fell asleep around 7:00pm. The Man had a hard time understanding. I normally turn to him and ask him for a hug. But I wasn't depressed. I was feeling crummy and exhausted. If he had wanted to crawl into bed with me and hide from the world with me, I would have let him. But the couch where he sat wasn't good enough for that. I think he was a little hurt. I tried to explain it wasn't about him. But you know when you're in a crummy mood, explanations tend to be short. I gave up easily and retreated to bed. He came into the bedroom periodically to give me a kiss and make sure I hadn't imploded. He didn't have to worry, I was too tired to do that.
I am so tired. I have to work Sunday so I can get prepared for the week and tie up lose ends from Friday. I am tired. Yes, yes, yes, I still love my job but this is NOT the best part of it. Plus side? I recruited six clients this week. But I am exhausted!

PS: Please please please let my dress look good on me. I'm trying it on today. It would be a wonderful way to end a chaotic week. Oh please. (If it does not, expect a very ANGRY entry to come this afternoon.)

5 comments:

Veronica said...

you will look beautiful!

Oh I had many "crummy" days before I went back to school. For me nothing was right and hubs just couldn't understand. Poor Jon...I'm sure that worried him lots.

Hey, you should have watched kung-fu movies with Jon! :)

ElleDee said...

Phewwwwww! It ended up to be just as we thought. Evidently, the dress I had first tried on is actually the knock off version of THIS dress. I'm so relieved! (Tell me this, why does it take four months for the dress to come in? And WHY oh WHY am I double my ordinary dress size?!)
Like I wrote before, it's very very simple. But I like it! And so does The Man.
Unfortunately, you can see pantylines. So that means I have to wear spanx.
I don't like the Spanx.

demondoll said...

And with the shoes??? Is it perfection???
And thank you for the dress :-)
PLease to not talk of double ordinary dress size. Yikes for me.
JK, you can talkj of it- but now I must not eat until December.

I'm sorry about your crummy week. I bet now it's better, right? xoxoxo

mrs. A said...

So glad the dress is THE dress. It's such a relief when you find THE one that makes you feel like the bride! :) Hope the week gets better for ya. Sounds like your job keeps you busy enough for 2 full-time workers. phew! I don't know how you do it all, but kudos to you :)

C said...

i wanna pic of the dress girl! hope you get some rest! dont get sick Ha!