Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Work ... wedding ... wedding ... work ...

I've been getting up at 5:30am every day. For no good reason, really. Haven't been going to the gym (I've been a bad bad girl since I sprained my ankle) or anything of the like. I just take a loooong time getting ready. I like to make coffee, watch the news, go online, prepare for work in case I forgot to do something the night before and THEN get ready. I'm out the door by 8:00am. I can't imagine having kids right now. For all the things I forget to do before I leave and then the multiple times I come back into the house because I forgot to bring something with me ... let's just say that if I brought a kid into the picture, I wouldn't leave the house 'til noon. Like I said, I get up at 5:30am for no good reason.
Tell me this - would you guys like me to STOP blogging about the wedding? I feel like it's getting old. Anyway, if it gets annoying, let me know (in a nice way, please.) But that's all I've been doing lately. If it's not working 12-14 hours, it's doing wedding stuff.
By the way, I got to give props to Sister. She has been a tremendous help in taking the recommendations I received from different sources, screening out the mediocre ones, making calls and negotiating in her sweet way. ("My sister works in non-profit, by the way. Oh yes, she's actually working right now. On Labor Day Weekend! So I'm helping her out with the planning. Did I tell you she works in non-profit?")
That just leaves me with the ceremony and reception venues. Easy right? Hell-mutha-effin-no. For pete's sake, I thought it would be easier and faster than this. I still need to receive final confirmation and information from both places and one is taking its sweet ol' time. I seriously hope that the wedding coordinator is better than the sales manager or I'm going to be sad. Or pissed. Probably both. I'm crossing my fingers for a kick ass wedding coordinator. Please cross your fingers, too.
As for work, I worked on Monday but still feel like I'm behind. I actually don't mind that much that I had to work but I do mind that I feel like I'm still behind. That part stinks. Yes, I still love my job but I will be extremely relieved when the next six weeks pass. Until then, I'm allowing myself not to have gym time (I really am prepping for work in the morning) and two cups of coffee a day. But after that, it's back to Power Yoga and just one cup a day!
So that's it. Oh, and the husband-to-be and the pups. Oh yes, the pups. We went out to Santa Cruz this past weekend to celebrate the Man's big 3-0!!!!! I will post those soon.
I hope you're all having a great week and THANK GOODNESS it's Wednesday tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

mrs. A said...

Hey there, LD. Good luck with all the wedding planning, it is like another full-time job, isn't it? :) Are you still doing a destination wedding in the Islands? If you need any recommendations on Oahu, I have a friend who was also my wedding coordinator, and she's really awesome at finding the BEST deals out there... I'd be happy to pass along her info to you if you want.

Veronica said...

no..if that's what's happening let us know....Cause all I talk about is school..heheh and I don't give a rats ass who likes it or not...

ElleDee said...

JA ("A" is your last name now, right?): Yes, I'm getting married on Oahu. Please feel free to pass along your friend's info. Maybe she can speed it up with my ceremony venue!! Do you have my email address? It's sfhulagirl@yahoo.com
Hot mama: OK, I just want to make sure. I was disappointed when Tater and Kim both didn't blog about their weddings but now I kind of understand. I'm just so relieved to get a task accomplished or a vendor locked in that I'm kind of over it by the time I write about it. But what else do I have to write about except work???

Kim said...

Sorry I didn't blog more about it...I am my own wedding coordinator, so when it comes time to blog, the last thing I want to think/write about is what's been consuming my entire life every day. ;0) But things are slowing down and I feel good about what I've put together. It's actually been a little easier than I thought, just time-consuming. I will blog soon! Have been swamped at work.

ElleDee said...

PS: Today I had to take the pups for grooming (luckily the lady lets me leave them until 3ish so I can work and not worry.) I was all set to visit some clients after I dropped the pups off and then realized I forgot my work phone AND my personal cell back at the house.
Maybe I should have known way back when I was little and my mom would say "I'm worried that you might forget to put on underwear in the morning, you're running around so crazy."
Draws - check. But the rest of my stuff? Not so much.

demondoll said...

Aw... I'm not doing so much- but thank you! I'm having a ball :-)
Me, I love hearing about your progress (on the phone, online whatever)
Miss Kim- we know your work has been nutty, so it's all good as long as we get pix!PIX!

(I can't sleep. Snorers.)