Sunday, January 06, 2008

Random tidbits

All rightee then. I am not one to back away from a tag ... unless it's an excessive tagger but Pooks is a decent woman. So here are my random bits! That sounded kinda naughty, didn't it?
1. I'm a fairly neat person until I get sick. Then there are used tissues (or what my SO not-so-affectionately calls them, "Snot bombs") everywhere. I used to have them on the floor and would probably still do it except the pups love to eat tissue. Sometimes I'll still accidentally leave them in bed which causes an uproar when discovered by someone other than the owner. Heheh. I still leave a pile on my nightstand because I'll have to blow my nose into the wee hours of the morning.
2. I seriously hate planning events. I mean, I know I've already expressed why I hate entertaining at home but the biggest reason why I don't throw parties is because I hate being disappointed. I hate it when friends flake and I take it way too personally. My brain knows that people, especially friends, don't' mean to disappoint you, it just happens sometimes. But I take it to heart and end up not talking to people for at least a month. I like having friends and don't want to set up myself or anyone else for failure so it's just in everyone's best interest that I don't plan parties. Heaven help me when we have kids.
3. I can eat my money's worth in bacon at breakfast buffets. I mentioned this before but didn't go into detail because it's kind of disgusting. I mean, think about it. Restaurants usually charge almost a buck per bacon slice. I think I can eat anywhere from 20-30 pieces of bacon, no problem. I know, pretty gross, but I can. I have standards, of course. The bacon has to be crispy. Limp bacon is foul.
4. The first time I had a conversation with The Man I was drunk. We had seen each other a couple of times before but never talked. I was three drinks in when he came into the club. And yes, alcohol does make people braver. Or stupid. I was too shy to initiate a conversation with him before but with three drinks under my belt, I was good to go! I thought I was charming but he remembers it a little differently. I like my version of the story.
5. I'm easily sucked into infomercials. I try to change the channel right away because, if I don't, I will end up watching the whole thing. They fascinate me. I guess it's because I studied production value of television as well as some of the tactics used to draw people in that I start looking for these certain things in infomercials. I especially love it when they do a comparison of their product verses Product X and Product X (for instance, like a regular ironing board) becomes the most cumbersome thing ever and the actor nearly kills herself trying to use it. It's so funny because it's completely unrealistic but that is the comparison they give. They do it for shaving razors, too. I love it!
6. We love our pups. A lot. I know it's no secret but I'm actually a little afraid we will have puppy withdrawal when we leave for two weeks for our wedding. We're not going to breakdown into hysterical sobs or anything but I can already picture us saying to each other, "Aww, I miss the pups sleeping with us." On our honeymoon, no less!
7. I love chocolate. I mean LOVE chocolate. I can probably eat a whole box of Sees Truffles in one day. OK, that's a lie. I KNOW I can eat a whole box in one day. I've done it. I'm not proud but it's true. My dad used to say I was like an ant. I had no idea that they were hiding sweets (like in the back of a pantry in an obscure container labelled, "Flour") and I would just find the chocolate. It's like we're soul mates. OK, not really but that is kind of a weird connection to chocolate.

So here are the rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them..Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.Okay, I tag (without links cause you know who you are):
Sister
Tater
Kim
Cyn
Tel
Di
Jen
I just went down my blog list :) Hopefully y'all will do it!

5 comments:

demondoll said...

I've seen you with bacon, See's, and the pups. And you don't lie :-)

And! I'm right there with you!

Veronica said...

haha that much bacon! Oh and the See's I'm with you there. I used to love fruity candy over chocolate...NOt any more!

C said...

okay I read the last 3 blogs since I was trying to catch up. For some reason the comment window wasn't working the last time! I'm glad you got rings and its a nice ring. Speaking of jewelry stores, D and I tried to go but he felt SO overwhelmed. We're going back when we have our research down (btw..its not for engagement/wedding rings..it was for a solitary diamond necklace). why don't you take the pups along! and I didnt know you loved bacon. HA! check my blog for my random 7! 3 and a 1/2 months girl!!!!!! man...i'm so happy for you!

ElleDee said...

People, I am no joke when it comes to crispy bacon. I guess that's why I also like pork rinds. Not nearly as much but I can tuck into those too.
Ugh, my face is breaking out and my stomach is getting bloated just thinking about those two!

demondoll said...

FYI- I cannot stand Billy May As opposed to Willie Mays or Billy Martin). He's that guy who sreams about OxyClean, which I think is supposed to be good stuff. But I hate Billy May so much I hardly ever buy the products.