Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I suppose there is an upside

I'm trying not to get nervous. Because there really isn't anything I can do, right? I was supposed to get my wedding dress by now but the boutique said that it will be another month. I'm just confused because the dress is so simple and it's not being tailor made to fit me. So why is it taking so long?
I guess the upside is that I get another month to work out and eat right before trying on the dress for alterations. But the control-freak in me wants the dress already in my hot little hands. The paranoid side of me is simply worried that mid-February will come around and the dress will still not be ready. Then I will get really nervous because I definitely need to get the dang thing altered.
I'm not freaking out at this very moment. Because I know that there is still plenty of time. But I am such a deadline person that when someone tells me to expect something by a certain time, I want it by the deadline. Like RIGHT NOW! Ahh well.

4 comments:

demondoll said...

There is still plenty of time for alterations :-)


However. She did not hold up her end of contract, did she? Is there some compensatiuon for her her error???

Kim said...

I wouldn't freak out just yet. There's still plenty of time for alterations, and because it's a simple dress, it probably won't require a lot of detailed work. Plus, if you find a good alteration woman, she can do it fast. Is the dress being ordered by the shop? If so, it may not be the boutique that is causing the delay, but the supplier. In which case, there isn't much you or the boutique can do, but it at least puts the blame where it's due. If the boutique is making the dress and taking longer than they said they would, then they should offer an explanation and see if you can get free alterations out of them for the trouble.

demondoll said...

As long as she lends you the sample, you can still go and find foundation garments :-) And you won't have to cart your pretty dress all over Nordy's and back, you'll be dragging sample!

Veronica said...

You do know Jessica's mother-in-law is a dress maker!? No worries girl...NO WORRIES.