Friday, January 25, 2008

Even smaller random bits

Finally, some progress! Down 1.6 lbs! Am I the only one that winces when she gets on the scale and even before the number pops up? Just wondering.
I've been going to the gym more often (well, more often than never which is progress.) I still feel a little out of place in the weights area but I'm over the whole meat market atmosphere. I love that most of the women at my 24 Hour Fitness wear big ol' shirts and sweats. Before, there were a lot of sportsbra-only wearin' chicks. I'm not a hater - it's just intimidating! Like I said, if I weighed my dream weight, I would walk around buck NEKKID.
OK, I would wear heels.
I forgot to mention in a survey that my most favorite job ever was my job at Bare Escentuals. I briefly worked at the Embaradero location (right in the Financial district of SF) and it was glorious! It wasn't in a mall so we opened at 10:00am and closed by 6:00pm each night. The shop was more boutique-y than other stores so it was super easy to clean and we would get out, at the latest, 7:00pm. Oh, I also got 50% OFF all the make up. I know, such a random fact about me but I can't believe I forgot to mention this as one of my jobs. My gosh, I would still be working there if it paid the bills.
I'm going drinking tomorrow night in the City. Oooh-doggee. Going out and partying in San Francisco is very rare for me so when it does happen, I get a little tingly. I'm hoping for a nice buzz and no heaving on the sidewalk. Because that would be very 21 of me. I remember talking to someone and saying how it was acceptable and EXPECTED of friends to take turns puking and/or taking care of one another. I admit that I would now glare at my friends and fight the urge to kick them. I hate cleaning/smelling/seeing puke. Anyway, I'm going out a girlfiend for her birthday so The Man is staying at home with the pups (he really really did not want to go.)
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
PS: I had to add this ... I was reading some entries that I wrote last year around this same time. I was so unhappy because of work. The rest of my life was dandy but I was so miserable at my old job. I am very thankful for my new career (it still feels new!), my husband-to-be, wonderful family and friends. Oh, and pups, of course! I feel at peace and am very thankful for that.

2 comments:

demondoll said...

Oooh, Bare Escentuals was my favorite your job, too!
Good work on the scale! Our scale has become an angry old Asian woman, and is yelling at WGD and me.
Happy drinky, Sister. This makes 2 weekends in a row. Get your party on!

demondoll said...

Did you find a place like the Roughhouse?
;-)