Monday, January 14, 2008

Operation: Damn Good in the Wedding Dress

I went to the gym today!
Can I get an Amen?!
I'm sure I don't have to describe how hard it is to psych myself in the morning to go to the gym. First of all, The Man has rubbed off on me. I hated, HATED, how he would press the snooze button every freakin' morning. Now I do that!!! Not only that, I'm actually WORSE than him, pressing the snooze button far more times than him now. (Pay back's a biatch, though, right? Heehee!) Anyway, it's very hard to get myself out of bed, into gym clothes and out the door. But I'm determined now. Because I want to look Damn Good in my wedding dress.
What's funny is being in other friends' weddings never inspired me to work out. I mean, I wanted to but than I would just think, "Well, it's all about the bride, right? No one will be looking at me." So back to sleep I would go. Not even my trips to Hawaii really inspired me to tone and shed a few pounds. I have to say that my own wedding day is a pretty strong motivation for me. Seriously, the last time I was this motivated was senior prom. And that was because my date was 5'6" and weighed only TEN POUNDS more than me. I was determined not to look like a bowling ball next to his pin-sized figure. (Looking back, I should have just gotten another prom date but I was 17 years old and a little dim at the time. No, I'm not shallow enough to just dump the date because of his thin figure, the boy had some baggage. But that is an entirely different post that probably doesn't need to be written.)
I don't want anyone to think that I'm working out for two hours and being all gung-ho. I'm there for a little under an hour, running for 25 minutes and then doing sit ups and weights for the remainder of the time. I know that's not exactly boot camp but I know it's better than what I was doing before. Which was nothing. I'm also not resorting to celery sticks and water. But I am writing down what I eat so I'm more aware of my eating habits. I'm also doing Power Yoga again!!!! I missed it so much and have been doing it for a little over two months.
So I say ... "Bring it on, twelve weeks!" I am determined to look good on our wedding day. Plus, like I wrote before, we're going to be in Hawaii so I would like to look my best. Of course, I'm hoping that all these good habits I'm training myself to do will carry over when I get back from our wedding so it doesn't all go to hell in a hand basket (whatever that means.)
Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to do a store plug/advertisement, but if you're having trouble getting out of bed, perhaps picking up Clocky the alarm clock (yes, that's the real product name) might help. After you hit the snooze button, the clock rolls on its two wheels to some random spot in the room and starts ringing again, forcing you to get out of bed and go find it. You can find it on sharperimage.com .

But, thanks for the comments on my blog. I'd say that not only do we deserve happiness this year, I'd say we've earned it.

demondoll said...

Sister, I know you will be gorgeous in your dress!
You've inspired me. I'm eating (moderately) better, and am working out at work.
When you come up, we'll exercise like crazies!
And knit :-)

PS. The roly-alarm has gotten great reviews :-)