Saturday, January 12, 2008

Needing a little motivation and inspiration ...

... and having three months until my wedding is just the gentle push kick in the ass I need.
Holy smokes, that's 12 weeks. TWELVE WEEKS.
I haven't talked about Jenny Craig in a while because, while I'm still in the program, I've been terrible about sticking to it during the holidays. I also got sick which was the perfect excuse to stop working out.
Well, sweet baby Jeezus (thanks for putting that into my vocabulary, Pookie!) it's time to get SERIOUS! Mama Lu needs to get toned and slim for the Big Day. Because I was the brilliant mastermind who convinced her significant other that it would be FAB-YOO-LEZZ to get married in Hawaii. Well, that means running around half nekkid (well, tanks and shorts or a bathing suit is being half or more nekkid.)
So I'm pushing myself to be better at working out and eating less crap. Remember how I wrote about bacon? NO BACON!
I better look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in my wedding pictures if I'm giving up bacon. You may be wondering, "What about Jon? Don't you care what JON looks like in the photographs?!" Look. The Man is gorgeous. I think he can either work out or do nothing and he will still look super duper handsome in our pictures. I also better look amazing because I'm going to the gym. I no likee the gym! But I'm going. Because it's good for me. OK, let's be real. Because I'm getting the kick in the ass that our wedding is coming in twelve weeks.
Sweet Baby Jeezus.
----------------------------------------
12:00pm update - I went to the gym! I decided to run, do some sit ups and squats. I felt SO MUCH BETTER after I worked out ... like I accomplished something! I just have to remember how that feels when I have that argument with myself if I should go to the gym. Whooohooo! Now I just got to do the same thing tomorrow. And the next day. Ooh doggie.

3 comments:

mrs. A said...

You can do it! :) And I'm sure you're going to look fan-flippin-fantastic in your wedding pictures... and Hawaii will be the best backdrop for you two! Good luck!

C said...

i know that feeling. The hardest part is getting up but once you step into the gym its like..."I'm here..I might as well put some time in" I always leave the gym feeling GOOD and accomplished!

I should eat my words because I said Id start running....yesterday!...I have 8 months till that wedding I'm in and its ONLY 8 months but that will creep up in no time.

I'm telling you...jr. zero and 3 does not fit me like it used to! LOL...

demondoll said...

Shut. Up! 3 WEEKS!!!!! Oh, mah goodnesses!

I've been hitting the gym, but I think I just peed a little in fear of 12 weeks. And to think I almost bought a bucket o'cookies at Trader Joe's today. Thank Jeebus the WGD talked me out of it- Well, your sis is coming up in 4 days, but I'm sure you can be discplined with that tub.

12 weeks!