Friday, February 21, 2014

Completely out of the (baby) closet

Yesterday I hosted a work event at a local pub. I figured that would be as good of a time than any to “announce” my pregnancy. I write, announce, in quotations because I just told a few people I worked with. I knew that at least once person would ask why I wasn’t drinking so it seemed like a good reason to share my good news. I think sharing it at 4 ½ months, though, threw some people off slightly but all three people were very celebratory in their responses.
Then this morning I let the rest of my department know in my event recap email … at the end. Let me know tell you, it really shows who reads my emails! There are about 12 of us so now everyone knows. Or, at least, has the info if they read it.
It feels good to just be OUT. It’s not completely obvious but there are some outfits I wear that really make my bump noticeable. The Bean will not be contained for much longer;) Oh, and I also announced my pregnancy on Facebook by changing my profile photo to the one I posted here. Just as I suspected, people figured it out f-a-s-t. The congratulatory messages were very sweet.
This pregnancy is going pretty well. It started off a bit funky with bronchitis and a couple of bladder infections (those are the worst!) But I remember during my first pregnancy my eczema was so bad and just about everywhere that I had to go see a dermatologist. I think I was also more tired in my first pregnancy. But it could also be that having a toddler this time around forces me to a bit more peppy. I'm still tired but I remember finagling my work schedule so I was home and in bed by 3 PM. I've got an 8 hour desk job now so I feel like I'm more awake this time around. Overall, a peaceful pregnancy. Then again, I'm less than halfway through it;)
Wow, 5 ½ months to go until we get to meet my Coffee Bean! Yes, he’s still waking me up at night, every night. Such an appropriate nickname. Most nights I go right back to sleep so I don't mind (much.) I know from experience that I should treasure any chunks of continuous sleep I can get. I believe that this will also be my last pregnancy so I'm making an effort to find joy, the blessing or, at the very least, contentment in just about every moment. 

No comments: