Monday, February 17, 2014

President's Weekend

We were busy this weekend! But it was a nice, family-oriented one meaning we went to events that everyone in the family could attend.
Saturday was a packed day. We went to church, then zoomed over across the San Mateo Bridge to Millbrae for a one year old birthday party for my friend's son. Then we drove over the Bay Bridge to Emeryville for my boss' housewarming party for a couple hours. My boss puts me to shame. She moved in September and her home looks great. Everything is unpacked and not a sign that they had recently moved. Us? We have two bedrooms that are currently junk rooms filled with boxes and miscellaneous items. Not to mention the two storage units we still pay for. My goal is to get all of it done by The Bean's arrival. I'm a wee bit scared that this goal might not be met. Anyway, back to my boss' home. It was a lovely grown up party but for The Bun, I think it was a little too grown up for her taste. She was the only kid there and it was a wine and cheese type of deal. Everyone was very nice to her but we were ready to head home after a couple hours. Even though we got home around 7:00 PM, we were a tired bunch. It had been a good day.
Here are photos we took at the birthday party:
The Bun loves getting her face painted! The person there did fantastic work on the kids.
Close up.
On Sunday, we decided to head out to Monterey. We purposely chose this destination so we could include the entire family - our furry babies, too!
We wanted to eat at a dog friendly restaurant so we went back to place we hadn't visited since 2007 - Tarpy's Roadhouse. Don't let the name fool you. It's quite pretty and right next to a wine tasting room. They have delicious food and a lovely outdoor area which was perfect since it was a beautiful day.
We both got so warm we had to take off our jackets.
After our delicious brunch, we decided to head over to Cannery Row and walk off the calories. The Bun wanted to stay put and play around so the hubby stayed with her while I walked our antsy dogs. They had been so good during the car ride and the restaurant that I wanted to reward them with some good people watching and sniffing.
A much happier girl now that she could climb about instead of walk about.
(The coat had to come back on because it was chilly!)
The pups and I walked the length of Cannery Row and then walked back to meet the rest of the family. It was nice to be reunited and it was perfect timing since the sun was beginning to set.
I posted this photo on FB from our short drive home. I did it because I realized that she is growing up so fast. She just graduated to a new car seat!
I remember when she was in a teeny car seat, facing backwards! Now look at her.

1 comment:

jen said...

So awesome to have a great, family-oriented weekend (and 3 whole days, to boot!) :)

You guys look too cute as always and the Bun's hair is getting SO long!!!