Friday, February 28, 2014

I. Can't. Stop. EATING.

First off, I don't buy the whole saying, "I'm eating for two!" I mean, the baby is such a small percentage of the overall weight gain. Plus, I know how hard it is to get the last 10 lbs. off. Ugh. It took me four years to finally get rid of it all and it's only because I did the Purium cleanse twice and incorporated it into my routine throughout the week for two months between my cleanses.
Well, even though this is what I believe, I've been eating like crazy this past week. When I was pregnant with The Bun, my downfall was the McDonald's sausage and egg biscuit meal. Well, my craving with The Bean isn't that much different -
That's right, the Sausage McGriddle meal. The shame! Oh, the shame.
I know, I KNOW. It's terrible! Not a bit of it is healthy but I couldn't resist! I've had it THREE times this week. Not to mention other things that I shouldn't be eating. I was doing so well, too! I was eating salads, sandwiches with lots of spinach or arugula, smoothies full of good vegetables and fruit but my will-power is poop. And when The Man isn't eating good, I don't eat good. That's not to say I blame him. I think I should be strong enough to eat good even if he doesn't. But I'm finding it extremely challenging to take the initiative to eat healthy when he's not in the mood. I mean, I still get in fruits and veggies throughout the day but the junk definitely infiltrates my day. For instance, I just tucked into some Doritos and a Sprite. Oh my gosh, the shame! What's wrong with me????
So here's my vow to you, Coffee Bean. Mama is going to stop giving into these cravings and get back on the wagon. That's drinking 60+ oz. water each day, eating more fruits and vegetables, and cutting out fast food. Even though I kind of went down this path before with your sister, I know better and should BE better. I will go back to eating organic foods and, when I want a bit of a splurge, I'll be healthier like I had been just a few weeks ago and have a banana and peanut butter or something like that. Mama is going to kick her rear end back in gear, son!

No comments: