Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

You either love it or hate it. And a few people are indifferent.
That's me.
I think any holiday that makes me relieved that I'm in a relationship just so I don't feel the pressure of not having a significant other is a questionable holiday. But when I get to see it through my daughter's eyes - the fun of receiving Valentines from everyone in the class and having a potluck - it reminds me of a simpler time. She just gets to enjoy passing out and receiving cards and candy! That is the nice part of Valentine's Day that I haven't seen in a long time.
I'm also blessed to have a husband who is super sweet. The photo doesn't do it justice but he had two dozen + 1(to grow on? We don't know why the florist offered 25) red roses delivered to my work. I know that it's a splurge and can be viewed as a frivolous expensive so I didn't expect them. But it was so nice to be surprised with beautiful roses. Admittedly, it made me feel special and loved. Not only did they look gorgeous but their fragrance was absolutely lovely. I took them home so I could enjoy them over the long weekend.



No comments: