Saturday, February 08, 2014

Fridays are not always Fun-days.

My poor baby. We were headed to her preschool Friday morning (our favorite day of the week!) when she started to cry. She said her ear hurt.
Do you notice her sweet chain? She picked it out to wear to school. And even though it's pretty huge and gaudy, the girl knows her audience. While she was crying, several of her classmates comforted her and complimented her necklace.
She hadn't complained about it at all when we were getting ready in the morning. I asked her questions about it while I drove so I could get a better understanding of her pain. But her discomfort quickly escalated which resulted in full blown sobs.
I took this photo right before I took her out of the car seat so I could show her Daddy. He has a thing about ears so I knew he would want to see what was going on that morning. I promise it was a lightening quick shot!
We were close enough to her preschool that we went in anyway to talk to the director. She recommended I call The Bun's doctor to get her seen right away. My baby girl may have a low tolerance for pain but she isn't someone who cries nonstop.
Luckily, we have Kaiser and a doctor (although it wasn't The Bun's specific pediatrician) was available to see us in an hour.
We went straight from the preschool to the doctor's office. And waited.
We were there a little bit early and then the doctor we were scheduled to see was running a little bit late. My parents, bless their hearts, met us there so that they could take over and I could go to work.
It's a tricky thing, being a working mom. Especially when I'm still kind of new to the job and have an even newer boss. I'm still figuring out what is acceptable and what is frowned upon. I felt terrible leaving The Bun because she cried so loud, "No mama! I want you to stay! I want my mama!" My mom said she cried for a while after too. Ah, it breaks my heart. I know for a fact she was in loving and capable hands but she wanted me.
I'm glad to write, however, that The Bun is feeling much better today. She is very peppy and yesterday is all but forgotten. Well, she hasn't necessarily forgotten her traumatic experience (she was in a lot of pain) but The Bun has certainly bounced back. Thankful for that!

No comments: