Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fur, teeth and claws

I can't do anything about the teeth but my pup looks like an little, old Ewok with a buttload of fur. Foreel. See?

We purchased clippers and claw cutters (or whatever the contraption is called.) Her claws are too long and the fur on her face needs to be trimmed. As well as her rear end.
But I don't want her to have a baboon-butt so it will just be a trim and not a shave. (This ensures no traces of "eliminination" stay on its owner. Ick.) Anyway, we tried to trim her fur and, after some denial, we realized we made absolutely no impact. The thought of us trying to trim her claws is just too scary right now because if you cut them too short, so I'm told, it really really hurts. I don't need that kind of guilt. I've decided that Piko will be groomed by a professional because I'm chicken. So we're going this Saturday to get my girl cleaned up. And no, there will be no bows. NO bows.


As for me, three of my coworkers were/are sick. Two of them powered through and just came to work under the weather. The third colleague pretty much said, "F-that, I'm sick" which is kind of how I feel right now. I'm not congested but I have a sore throat, my temples and the back of my head hurt. I downed a few Emergen-C packets but I didn't drink as much as I have before (when I know people around me are sick I usually drink two packets 3x a day) and guess what? Half ass doesn't work! So I may be going home mid-day. I've already made appointments with clients this morning and would hate to cancel.

Remember when you were in school and you stayed home sick? Better yet, remember when you were in college and you would stay in bed if you didn't feel good? That's one of the things I miss. Sans midterms, papers and basically any studying, of course.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Do I remeber school...ha yup. Still there.

I don't skip though...I have missed 2 classes in 8 months...that is so good of me.

HA! My word verification says: pphhWAX
Is this a hint that I need to wax from the good LOrd up above? :)

demondoll said...

Look at the sweet puppy! Yeah, get the groomer to train you how to do it. We cut the cat's nails, but we double team him.
I'm sorry you're sick, Sister! Hope you recover in time for Date Nite...

VS said...

Just one bow, c'mon, pleeease? Get well soon, darlin!

ElleDee said...

No bow. NO BOW!!! ;)
I confess, we do use baby wipes. They are so handy! We say, "Say no to dingleberries!"