Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Got my vote on

Last year, I was hoppin' mad at myself because I didn't realize that I would be out of state during the elections.
This year, I was READY. But I guess I still can't beat stupidity:
* Ah-nold Schwarzenegger will be governor for a second term
* No on the cigarette tax
* No on oil tax and alternative energy incentives
Sweet mary mother of pearl. What the hell?! What's next - being allowed to marry our first cousins?

But on the upside:
* No on the abortion waiting period and parental notification
(I don't pretend to be politically savvy - why does this keep popping up? Wasn't it voted out last year?)
So while I'm not ecstatic, I'm happy that ONE issue I feel strongly about was voted down. Again. And just to stick it to the man (not mine but the other), let's all make a
donation to Planned Parenthood and support this organization for all the good they do in our communities. Planned Parenthood doesn't just make sure every woman has the right to choose and exercise her options. It also provides low cost medical care to everyone. Yes, PP helped me out when I had NO medical coverage when I was a poor student and when I worked at a sweatshop television station.
OK, I'm stepping off my soapbox and putting it away.

5 comments:

demondoll said...

Praise be for PP.
Seems like lots of folk remembered where their polling places were this time. Oh, my!

Where is your doggie's news/pic, Miss? Auntie D-Doll needs a fix.

Couch potato said...

I was happy with some of the outcomes too. And I love PP too. Not that I have ever been there or anything because I am sweet and innocent as the day I was born.

Veronica said...

I hope I don't get hate mail...but...I AM so HAPPY that:

DEMOS are in the HOUSE!!! *deepens voice-whowho!!!*

YEAH BABY!!

Veronica said...

One more thing...
A WOMAN is 3rd in charge of this nation!!

I am woman here me roar!! love it..

Go Nancy Pelosi!

VS said...

Even in Canada, the weather is suddenly better!! PP rocks and I'm glad to hear waiting period and parental notification thing flunked. Bring out your soapbox whenever you want!