Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Completely smitten

Piko now weights four lbs, 10 ounces. She survived her first vet appointment and her first thermometer up her private-puppy-part.

She is named Piko for two reasons. One, she is half Pekingese so her name sounds like Pee-koh. The reason why her name is spelled P-i-k-o is because she had an umbilical cord repair and has a small scar. "Piko" means navel or belly button in Hawaiian. So there you have it - Piko.

I am SUPER tired. She and I have been getting up at midnight, 3am and then 5am. I'm hoping to eliminate midnight tonight. We shall see.


Although I am not going to write much in this entry, I've filled it with pictures of Piko. Here are some pictures that will give you a better perspective of her size and personality:

With her snazzy Target reindeer.
Ready to kick the reindeer's butt.

Piko displaying her determination to take the "Alpha Dog" title from her Daddy.

7 comments:

demondoll said...

She's so tiny! OMG she's a cutie... I love how she wants a piece of Olive's booty, and how she wants to show Jon2x who's who! (He should be careful of his teeth)

Poor Sister! Hopefully she will be able to sleep through soon w/out wee-wee. When she can, will she be sleeping in your room? In her own beddie bye- of course...

Auntie Sassy said...

Oh my god. She is stupid adorable. Really. Especially when she is trying to steal a toy from Papa.

*weeps from the cuteness*

demondoll said...

Your dog's breed reads Peek-a-Tease ;D

Sue is totally going to try to steal your dog. I'm not sure I won't. But she is such a perfect companion for Lulu... Maybe I could borrow for a little walk.

Veronica said...

That is one cute dog....She sounds like she is a lot of work.
You guys will be ready after this....hehehe

ElleDee said...

11/3/06 update: Piko has tonsillitis. I'm a little worried. She hates her medication (Amoxicillin is for everybody! Who knew?!)
I didn't have to wake up at 3am but I did at 4am. I think it was more painful b/c I just wanted to sleep for one more hour!
I am so happy it's Friday. Sleep this weekend!

demondoll said...

How long does she have to take the meds? Can Daddy give it to her?

ElleDee said...

She gets her meds in the morning and at night so she is fine.

She is also having some issues. She caught on to the peepad in one day.

And now she seems to have amnesia.

She's very lucky she is so cute she melts my heart. I nearly done lost my mind last night.