Thursday, November 23, 2006

Love, thanks, and a load of turkey

I adore the holidays. Specifically, Christmas. And Thanksgiving is a great kick off holiday to the big shin-dig that is Christmas!
What's great about Thanksgiving, though, is there are no strings attached. Giving and receiving is AWESOME but Thanksgiving is all about being with loved ones, eating a HUGE meal, watching the Macy's parade and then catching some football. Holy smokes, could you ask for anything else???

LULU GIVES THANKS
1. Parents: My family is the best. I love them to pieces. My parents are so generous and loving. They have a thankless job, being a parent and all, and they would give everything to make sure their kids are safe and happy. I love them soo much. Plus, they are so teeny tiny and cute!
2. Sister: She is my best friend. She was my third parent growing up - she was the hip one - but now I get a best friend out of the deal. What a steal!!! She is so kind and generous (she must have good parents) and funny. She is talented, stylish (did I ever tell you she made me a color chart when I was little because the outfit I put together hurt her eyes?) and just simply divine.
3. Brother: He is our earth angel. If anyone has a non-stop flight to Heaven, it's him. He teaches me patience and compassion.
4. The Man: My other best friend. He knows me so well. He is a dork trapped in the body of a hottie! How can I not love that he is beautiful inside and out yet is humble, bashful and shy? He is truly a good man who loves me. Plus, he be my puppy's daddy. Word.
5. My friends: I'm not very good at keeping friends. It's a lot of effort to stay in touch and before I know it, I haven't talked to a friend in almost a year! Plus, if I am wronged, it's very hard for me to let a person back into my life. So the friends I do have really are super stars. They are kind, funny, supportive, smart, generous and all-around wonderful.
6. Power Yoga: I haven't been to class since April because of my new job schedule. But I'm going to today!!!! I can't possibly convey how excited I am. Just know I am beside myself because I love my nazi yoga teacher (by that I mean like "soup nazi" and not "genocide leader") I am so happy today!
And I'm thankful for a lot more (like my wild Pekatese puppy) but that's the jist of it. So, because I am a pretty cool gal, and I mean, pret-ty cool, I am giving y'all a little gift:
Go to www.sephora.com and shop your little heart out. Buy about $100 worth of stuff. Then get 20% off your Sephora purchase when you enter promotional code "FF2006" at checkout. You should also have free shipping because you spend over $75. And you get the dope discount. Seriously.
Told you I was a pretty cool gal. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! xoxoxo

11 comments:

Kim said...

So did you give Piko any turkey? ;0)

ElleDee said...

She had kibble.
And I don't feel the least bit guilty.
Remember, I'm part of the crew that cleans her poop ;)

Kim said...

Yeah, I hear ya. Although I gave the kitties little nibblets of turkey...Ever wasn't the least bit interested, but Toulouse snarfed it up! He seems fine today. Hey, cats are meat-eaters by nature. :0)

demondoll said...

You are so right- Brother is on the fast-track to angel wings, no waiting at the gates for him! (Me, I'll be the one asking if anyone's got free passes to spare;))
I love you SOOOOO much! My brain has faded on the color chart. But it sounds like something I'd do to a 7 yr old. Sorry.
Big hugs to Piko and Bom-BomMan!

Couch potato said...

Did you go shopping the day after. I went to Macy's at 6am it was crazy.

demondoll said...

No shopping! Slept off all the carbs. Sister, did Mom go???

ElleDee said...

I did NOT go shopping. I had to work 7:30am to 3:00pm. BOO!!!!!!!!
Hahaha, AL didn't either because she had to work, too. AND she didn't go shopping on Saturday (I know b/c I was with them!) She must be tightening up her purse strings for their trip to PI!

Couch potato said...

I went on Sat too and I bought way more stuff on Sat than I did on Friday. I think because Fri it was just too busy and there were crazy people there.

demondoll said...

CP, you are a hero! So brave, so brave...

Couch potato said...

your telling me I was supposed to go with my friend but she is poor and decided not to go and my sister was supposed to go but she slept so I went alone. I know it was a little scary but I survived.

demondoll said...

I was going to go tomorrow, but it's snowing. I don't want to drive ax the bridge in snow!