Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My new favorite scarf

The Alpha Lion, also known as my mom, made me a dope ass scarf. Seriously, it's beautiful.

See, AL made Demondoll a scarf for her birthday and I LOVED it. So AL said if I bought the yarn (she knows I can be particular:) she would make it for me. Since D-Doll lives in the snowy wilderness, she has a thicker version. Because I live in sometimes hot/ sometimes cold Northern California, AL made it dainty.

Check it out:

Look at the detail. Can you believe AL crocheted this scarf??


(Click on the little pictures to get a better look.)

Just so you know, I can't crochet for the life of me. It doesn't soothe me WHAT.SO.EVER. This, of course, makes me in awe of AL's talent and I will proudly show off this scarf. As soon as I have clean laundry to wear that will do it justice. FYI: I'm wearing my velour jumpsuit tomorrow b/c I have slim pickins.

Here is a pic of AL along with my Dad and me (at the same dinner/dance.) Don't you want to hug them 'cuz they're so cute??


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Lulu's parents are the teeniest, tiniest people I've ever met. And of course they're absolutely adorable!

Veronica said...

Lulu...you look just like your daddy...You guys look so cute together! Aww...I love little parents...
Except, my in-laws "oopps I didn't say that."

demondoll said...

Mama is itty bitty. She also scared the bejeezus outta me the first time she worked a butterfly knife in my presence. Perhaps that was the point.

ElleDee said...

Aw, thanks guys! Glad y'all agree on the cuteness of the folks.
(Pookie, you drunk? Cuz the truth be comin' out! Well, I'm gonna let you decide if you want to delete your comment. Me, I'm leaving that bad boy in!)

demondoll said...

Oooh, Pookie- is you mad about sumpin' girl?! I dare you leave comment be. You're out of control!
Isn't mama beyooteeful?*sigh* And our daddy is cute too.

Couch potato said...

I agree your parents are so cute I love little Asian people. So, So cute, You do look like your Dad.

Veronica said...

No I'm not drunk just HONEST...truth be.

I set the hubby straight all the time. hehe I shall post about the funny things we say about our parents.
Okay, I'll tell you guys here. The hubby and I play alittle game about our mamas and dadas (all in fun). Like...lets see?
The other day he said something about a store being open late and I said "oh, kinda like your mama"


Lulu, please don't tell the in-laws. =) The tater just cracks up, when she hears our jokes. We're fun like that, we have such a crazy relationship..see?

demondoll said...

La Madame Pooks just made me snort cocoa out my nose.

ElleDee said...

OH $HIT, POOKS! I think I tee-teed a little in my pants. hhahaha

PS: I look forward to those posts.

Veronica said...

ahaha you girls....

ElleDee said...

You flatter me, Karaway ... thanks! Psst, between you and me, that green dress is a recycled bridesmaid dress! I decided it would be my fancy Christmas gown b/c it was freakin' expensive! So far, I've worn it twice. I think it finally paid for itself. And it only took four years.

Veronica said...

lulu- Psst, now it's between us. ;0

ElleDee said...

Hee hee, yes Pookie, I suppose I wasn't the slickest, was I? But my friend was so pleased when I told her I used my bridesmaid dress from her wedding. Now, I don't know about y'all b/c I am a employed by a non-profit, but the $350 dress (throw in the shoes and it was an even $400) hurt my oh-so-slender wallet.

ElleDee said...

WTF? Adopted! That's a first :P