Saturday, January 07, 2006

"No way! Is that ..."

I finally watched the movie, 40-Year-Old Virgin. Unrated version, to boot. I laughed my ass off (I had also knocked back four glasses of rum & Cherry Diet Pepsi.) I think I'll watch The Office religiously now.

But you know what freaked me out? The last scene where he finally does the deed. "What the f*uck?!" I turn to Maria, "That's my bedspread!" Maria replies, "What?" Pause. "Oh yah! I remember when you bought that." Then I squint and look at the sheets. "Holy $hit! Those are my sheets, too!" "No way," disagrees Maria, "The color is different, isn't it?" "Nope, those are my sheets."

People, my sheets AND bedspread (I only have two sets that I alternate b/c my bed has a pillow top and requires extra-deep fit pocket sheets and King size comforters) are movie stars. NO LIE. My bedspread is made of multi-colored shiny ribbon and fabric. I insist that you pull out your 40-Year-Old Virgin DVD and skip to the end. No, seriously, bust it out.

Now look at my comforter:

See?!
(I'm not using the sheets that are just like the ones in the movie or I'd fold the comforter back.)

THOSE ARE MY SHEETS AND BEDSPREAD!! Well, not mine but the exact style as mine and not common bedding! I'm still taken aback and I'm totally sober now. Humm. My bedding is famous. No autographs, please.

PS: My bedding is from Marshall's. If I bought them anywhere else, it would set me back several hundred dollars. If you also require extra-deep pocket bedding, this is the place! I think my sheets are Egyptial cotton w/ a superhigh thread count. Hey, don't knock the cheap places 'til you try 'em.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, it is now 2:00pm and I realize that I was way too excited to see my bedding in a movie. Oh well, at least you know that I'm easy to please :) And "YAHHHHH!" for not waking up with a headache or a dry heaving episode! I was worried. I mean, I drank plenty of water and took vitamins but sometimes there aren't enough preventative measures in the world to combat a well-deserved hangover.

7 comments:

Veronica said...

Girl...seriously I agree. Tater found a cute outfit for the low, low, price of (fifteen dollahs!) Cheap. I know! We Clovis girls won't knock Marshalls or Ross. ;)

ElleDee said...

A small yet important example of why we get along so well! :)

BpSnake (PJ Daddy) said...

Funny that your bedding are on the big screen. Mine were never that "famous". Brings up something I remember from high school... my bed sheets were, surprisingly, the same EXACT pattern as my history teacher's favorite shirt. No WONDER I kept falling asleep in class!

ElleDee said...

Buff: Thanks for showing me how to jimmy the picture link! ;)

Veronica said...

Well? Share, please. Just how do you make a unclickable pic? The hubby tried and failed. He was so mad, he was up untill midnight...sheesh.

demondoll said...

I thought your bedspread looked familiar, but couldn't figure it out... see, even the Hollywood set designers know you got style! :)

But, do y'all sing Aquarius and do cartwheels?

ElleDee said...

Pookie, Buffy has it explained for you here: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6001164&postID=113667127340794650