Friday, July 20, 2007

Smell that glue?

I don't own any flats.
Seriously.
Maybe it's because I'm short. Maybe it's because my mom has a shoe collection that rivals Imelda Marcos (no, I'm not exaggerating.) Maybe it's because I grew up during the time the Spice Girls had a strong influence on fashion.
In any case, I don't own flats. In fact, I think they're ugly. Before anyone gets riled up, I think they're ugly ON ME. What I considered "flats" were one-inch heels so I do own a few of those.
But my ankle is being a fickle bitch and I can't wear any sort of heel without it hurting. So I realized that I was going to have to cave in and buy flat shoes that are appropriate for work. I say this because I have over ten pairs of flip-flops which I would gladly wear but don't fly with the work dresscode.
Since I despite flats, I refuse to pay a lot for them. So off I went to the good ol' Payless Shoe Source! Very cheap which is great because I'll probably throw these away once I can go back to Nine West, Bandolino, and all my other shoes.
They're so flat, aren't they? I hate them. But the bitch that is my ankle is happy in these so whatever.
I have no idea how long I won't be able to wear heels. That means all my sandals, peep toe and closed toe ... well, hell, practically all my shoes.
I'm a little sad. Because, again, I think flats are very very fugly.
I also got these. They aren't much cuter, are they? And they look like they're platforms but they really aren't, they're slides. They're only an inch high. Shut up, they're still flats to me.
So here are my ugly shoes from the glue factory (aka Payless Shoe Source) which are the only kind of shoes I can wear to work for a while. Ick.

7 comments:

demondoll said...

I know, they are very flat... but with trousers? I've never seen anything like those mj's in your closet!
And I wish I could wear Momma's shoes. But sz.5- ouch.

Veronica said...

okay...I totally LOVE flats and these are cute...but then again, I'm 5'8".

I NEED flats!

C said...

girl i like flats..and i'm shorter than you! and I think i have those CUTE flats! LOL...

You know what made me sad? i can't wear open toed shoes in a lab. do you know how many shoes i own with an open toe??? I live for open toes with my always manicured toes. *sigh* at least your injury is temporary and you can go back to be faux-tall

demondoll said...

Cyn, what about peep-toe? I havn't worked in an office setting in a long time, but I think OSHA is ok with those- oh, Sister says lab-work is more restrictive...
Pookie, one of my friends up here is 6' and she totally rocks the heels! She is an Amazon:)

White Ghost Devil said...

I like flats, too. Heels give me bunions.

ElleDee said...

Oh WGD, you made me laugh just now :D

demondoll said...

Piggy says sometimes he gets a contact high when he passes Payless at the mall :-)