Monday, July 09, 2007

Frustrated

Maybe 20 points are just right for some people. To me, they aren't much.
I neglected to look at how many points a McGriddle had when I gave into a craving this morning. I thought, "It's probably six, maybe seven points."
It was 10.
I don't blame McDonalds or anything. I'm the one that didn't feel like having the oatmeal.
But that decision gave me only 10 points left for the rest of the day. And I eat way more at night than I do in the morning.
So now I've racked up 30+ points today.
Another frustrating thing ...
I came across an old WW weight log that I started when I had "re-joined" back in 2001. I remember thinking back then, "I've really let myself go." (I could do an entire blog of how your mind can really get messed up when you live with someone same height as you but a size 2 and thinks she's fat. I don't blame her, I'm just saying that it can mess with your head. No, not you, C!)
I also noticed when I was loading pictures onto Flickr that I have very few pictures of me or The Man from this year. We used to take tons of photos! I know it's because I've shied away from the camera this year. Because I'm uncomfortable when I see any pictures of me lately. Terrible.
Now I've joined WW, yet again, and I'd gladly give quite a bit of money to get to that weight. In fact, I AM giving quite a bit of money in an attempt to get to that weight off and hopefully lose more.
So frustrating.
I know. Don't give up. Work out and eat better.
What kills me is that I can't believe I'm still fixated on my weight. I've been self-conscious about my weight since I was a teenager! I just want to be content. So not only am I frustrated about the weight but I'm pissed that I'm frustrated about the weight.
OK, I had to write this all down or else my poor significant other would hear it.
I've got to check my pill pack. I MUST be getting my Power Week soon.
PS: I took down the link about what celebrities would look like if they were "normal" like us (but a tad trashy) because I don't want to be one of these people that feel better by making fun of or putting other people down. Even if it's just pretend. And even though they're super duper rich and beautiful. (But I won't stop reading perezhilton.com)

10 comments:

demondoll said...

20 points is bullsh*t. Poor Sister, just reading that makes me boil!
And here I am trying to get to your weight, so I can steal your clothes... oofta.

ElleDee said...

Oh Sister, thanks. It's just me bitching.
I know I need to up my salad intake to two meals a day or something because what I'm doing isnt working.
The idea of salad for lunch and dinner is just so ... boring.

C said...

okay i know a skinny bitch like me shouldn't be talking but i think you're gorgeous just the way you are. Really! You know how many of my guy friends have asked "who's she??" and I have to ward them off with a "not available so stop looking" I always thought you were photogenic

If it makes you feel any better I would kill to have just one of your boobs (one so i can cut it in half to move up a cup!)

ElleDee said...

C- you are KILLING me with the "have one ..." comment! Thanks, you made me laugh out loud! (Of course, you know you have a fantastic figure right? You are the same shape as Eva Longoria. Does that make D your Tony Parker???)

Kim said...

2001...size 2...was it our illustrious blond roommate? She thought she was fat?!

ElleDee said...

Oh Kim, I knew you would naturally investigate.
Actually, it was a couple years back. Angie was so cute and tiny and she thought she was fat. Remember she would put the pictures up from Shape magazine? I would wake up to those every morning and my itty bitty roommate who thought she was getting fat. (To be fair to her, she and her cousin used to be the same size and she gained a little weight while her cousin stayed 98 lbs.) I'm telling you, that can mess with a person's head. Hers and mine!

Kim said...

In her defense, she had to wake up to The Rock! LOL. I can't believe she thought she was fat! Meanwhile, in my room, I was huddling in my fusty corner while the roomie talked to her TV and had whispery phone sex. Those were the days, eh?

ElleDee said...

NOTHING is wrong to waking up to the Rock.
How about going to bed with the Golden Girls?? That is sweet :)
We should have tried to move your bed into our room. You would have loved it ;) Remember how she and I had set up our TV? Our room looked like an office with our desks facing each other!!

demondoll said...

I think the Rock's wife may not want to wake up to him anymore :-(

Kim said...

Ohhhh....that would have been interesting. We could have all put our desks in my "corner" and had 3 beds in your room! But then we'd have had to deal with Psycho every time we wanted to use our computers. Darnit, Gator Greeter, I'm sure something would've been possible. ;0)