Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lovely

I was so honored to be invited to Tater's wedding this weekend! It's a little tricky how I know her - my boyfriend's best friend is married to Veronica who is the sister of Tater. Who would have thought a friendship would flourish with not just my boyfriend's best friend's wife but also her sister?
Tater is such a funny gal. In the beginning, she who would take refuge in her room whenever Jon and I would visit Veronica and her husband. I didn't even know she was home most of the time! I think it's charming how Tater thinks she's mean and yet she's very shy. And Tater is the person who taped all the season finales of my favorite shows when I was in the Philippines. I'm still grateful for that.
Anyway, I was honored to be invited because we didn't know each other very long and most of our interaction was through occasional visits and, of course, Blogger :) I really think it's special when people invite you to witness something so personal and important like a wedding ceremony. Of course, I was also pretty excited because this would be my first Mexican wedding! Now, I've been to plenty of wedding ceremonies where the bride and groom are of Mexican descent. I live in California for crying out loud. I'd say at least half the people I've met in my life are Mexican. And I don't mean a tradition Mexican wedding. I don't even know what one would look like. I guess there are only three things, to me, that qualify a wedding to be Mexican-
1. 75% is in Spanish
2. Mariachi band
3. Mexican food
Substitute "Spanish" for "Tagalog", "Mariachi Band" for "Karaoke" and "Mexican" for "Filipino" and that is a Filipino wedding. I'm still not quite sure if I've seen a Traditional Filipino Wedding. But I've been to PLENTY of Filipino weddings.
Alas, there was not a #3 and I was sad because I knew it would have been goooood. But there was #1 and #2 and oh boy, neither disappointed! But that isn't my point. It was just a bonus.
This was a BEAUTIFUL wedding. These Milan sisters know how to throw a shindig (I was also honored to attend Veronica's which was equally beautiful and spectacular.) Tater looked stunning in her dress. She was divine. (I'm not a great photographer but pictures can be seen on Pookie's page.) She and her husband looked so lovely, happy and in love. And yes, YES, I was one of the many who cried when Veronica gave her speech. You would have thought I had grown up with them or something!
So even though Tater is NEVER on Blogger anymore, which we'll discuss in private, I still want to thank her (and Veronica because, well, I just adore her!) for inviting The Man and me to such a beautiful event.

8 comments:

Veronica said...

OH... I am so glad you were there too. Jessica JUST adores YOU! Seriously, when she first met you she couldn't stop talking about you. THAT my dear, is rare! She love's jon jon's too. His sarcasm...so much like her. ;)

I always remind hubby that he made such a great choice with his BF because his BF has an awesome girlfriend! Tell JonJon that I'm sorry for the wedding date questions...BUT SERIOUSLY!! Come on Jhonny boy?! Albert wonders the same thing...but he says, "oh...JonJon will do it..just give him some time.." I said, "wow 6 years is not considered time to you?"
He just smiled.

heheh

WTH? Get to it!!

xoxoxo

ElleDee said...

You made me laugh out loud. VERY LOUD! I'm so glad JOn wasn't home ... he would have asked!
OH lawdee girl. Do you know his mom, WHO HAS NEVER ASKED ANY QUESTIONS, asked me this past weekend, "Are you two going to keep going to other people's weddings and not your own?" How unfair is it that she asked this when Jon WASN'T in the room. Like I'm the dude and he's the girl! I said, "You should ask him." Then she said, "He doesn't talk to me about that stuff." And I do?! I think she knew she could corner me. Dang.
Well, IF we do, please save up. I have a feeling that JOn would like your hubby to be there for him. And I've always wanted a destinations wedding ;) But let's not put the cart before the horse. Is that the saying? Or maybe it's more like - One thing at a time. In any event, let's not get ahead of ourselves but you can start saving for a trip like there's hope. That's what my sister is doing :D

Kim said...

Lulu, enjoy it now, because once you two do get engaged, lemme tell ya, the new question immediately becomes "when are you guys going to have kids?" I'm serious, it's, like, instantaneous. ;0)

I know he will ask...but as long as you two are happy and having a great time, it doesn't really matter how long it takes, right?

Veronica said...

seriously...I told albert...he says we will charge if we have to!! hehe

we will save from this day on...

Kim...no,no...happiness comes with a HUGE diamond ring! heheh ;)

ElleDee said...

Kim, you have such a great outlook :) Yes, I am happy. And I think it would be nice if we progress to the next step ...
Veronica, I showed Jon. He said, "She's not my friend."
He jokes.
I laugh again. Hard.
Yes, maybe if you think positive and you start saving, the day will come!
Of course, as you mentioned, he better come correct. Five years does add more shine to the bling. It's not shallow. It's true.

C said...

okay at least SOMEONE asked the dreaded question that you made me promise to never speak again. hee hee.... I know a couple thats been engaged...for 10 years (or is it 11?)...seriously! I asked the dreaded question "when" and the even more dreaded question "what is taking so long?".. they were gracious because I was new to the family and i had no idea that they're already married...they didn't need a piece of paper or a ceremony to validate it.

EVERYONE keeps asking me that same question and i keep saying "but we've only been dating this long!!" then i get this "well you guys aren't getting any younger" and someone actually said "well hurry why you still have viable eggs" what in the F was that...D just got mad and said "that is jacked up!"

Whatever makes you happy right? no pressure.. hee hee.

Veronica said...

Okay, I won't ask any more...and Cindy...don't they know 50 year olds are having twins now-a-days..sheesh! You got plenty of time!

THE BABIES I WILL NOT PRESSURE...cause damn they are hard work!

but a ring that says forever..oh ...and the dumb paper too is easy! tehehehe

demondoll said...

Oh, and it doesn't stop after you have ONE child. After that one, peeps want to know when you will be providing a Spare to the Heir. WGD and I shut it all down pretty fast, and wait for the awkward pause in conversation. then it's on to why do we live in the toolies, and homeschool, and whatnot. I like giving folks something to be scandalized about
:-)