Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Having to get creative

I bought this pedometer last weekend.
I attended my regular Sunday morning WW meeting and noticed that this girl was wearing the pedometer. She is only one around my age at the WW meeting so we usually sit together. I don't even know her name but she seems pretty cool.
"Hey, do you like that?" I whispered. (We should be paying attention to the meeting. But there's this lady who is not the leader that loves to try and co-lead every time. I try to ignore her.)
"Yah, it's great! You should get it. It tracks your activity points.And it's really easy to use!"
It looked cheap to me but if she likes it, then OK. So I got one. It clips on so it kind of looks like a very small pager. It's pretty cool. It cost $20 and tracks my steps, distance, has the time, can also be a stopwatch and tracks activity points.
But yesterday, I was wearing a form fitted skirt and a blouse that ended several inches below my waist. And the directions said that it has to be right side up so I can't clip it upside down to the bottom of my blouse.
So where the hell do I clip it?
After staring at the pager-looking thing and looking at where I can put it (should I clip it to my shoe? No, I might look like a convict.) I clipped it front and center of my bra. My shirt was dark so there was no visible bump from the pedometer.
And it worked!
I walked about 3,500 steps. I think I'm supposed to be around 9,000. See? Good to know!
I don't know how it will log when I run on a treadmill but I'm going to give it a go today.
So if you ever decide to buy one that isn't a wristwatch and you're wearing an outfit that doesn't permit you to clip it on your waistband, now you know where else you can hide it.
You didn't think I was going to put it anywhere else, did you?

7 comments:

C said...

well lucky for you!!!!! it would look like a third boob next to my speed bumps!!! LOL

ElleDee said...

Again with the boob! You are crackin' me up!
C- I will gladly pay a charge for you to make me a workout CD and immediately ship it over here. I'm in need for a C-Remix CD!

Kim said...

Yeah, that works if you have teh cleavage. For those of us without teh cleavage, 'twould be noticeable.

Veronica said...

oh I'm convinced!! Thanks!! I have the points tracker and the scale for food. I NEED THIS!!!


my verification word is : vpaay-meaning veronica will pay for this..see...it was meant for me. ;)

demondoll said...

I have no gap for extras:-(

Sister, check out Pajiba
http://www.pajiba.com/the-gym-mix.htm
a bunch of suggestions there for your i-pod!

ElleDee said...

Kim: You too?! I promise, it's a small gadget! You & C just have to have the right shirt.
Vero: I was at 8500 steps when I glanced at my pedometer a few minutes ago. Would you believe I got up and ran around my house until I was at 9009 steps?! But I fear that I need to have 10,000 before I score an activity point! I need to look that up.
(Thanks for the lead, Sister!)

demondoll said...

Ah, yes. 10,000 is the magic #... but it's doable,I promise, Sister! I sometimes wear a pedometer on my shoe, The Boy thinks it's funny.

bhioi